- This event has passed.
Good Food Community Fair
October 11, 2015 @ 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Join Chef Rob Ruiz at the Good Food Community Fair on Sunday, October 11th from 11am to 3pm. RSVP and learn more at http://goodfoodfair.com/
Entrance is FREE
- All Day – Local Seafood Demos: Learn about our local seafood, fishermen, chefs and markets at our seafood station. See live animals and the fishing gear used to catch them. Learn how to filet and clean your own fresh seafood from the pros. Plus samples! California SeaGrant, Tuna Harbor Dockside Market, Catalina Offshore Products, Land & Water Company, NOAA Fisheries, SoCal Fish.
- 11:30 AM: How to Clean and Prepare Sea Urchin and Rockfish (Tuna Harbor Dockside Market fishermen)
- 11:30 AM – 12:20 PM Sushi samples at the Slow Food food tent (Chef Rob)
- 11:30 AM – 2:30 PM Sea urchin samples (SoCal Fish)
- 12:00 PM How to Filet and Prepare Yellowtail (Tommy Gomes from Catalina Offshore Products)
- 12:30 PM Albacore tuna: A Traditional Sushi Breakdown (Chef Rob Ruiz from Land & Water)